The Klondike, Spider, Freecell, Pyramid, and TriPeaks solitaire minigames are all combined into one game in the Microsoft Solitaire Collection. Within those:
- Although most people merely refer to this variation of Klondike as "Solitaire," it is a well-known classic.
- In the card game Spider, you must take the fewest moves possible to eliminate every card from the board's eight columns.
- Using four extra cells, the goal of the card game Freecell is to remove every card from the playing field.
- By matching up pairs of cards with a combined value of 13, you can remove cards from the board in Pyramid.
- In the card game TriPeaks, you must choose all of the cards in a sequence in either ascending or descending order in order to remove them from the board.
One of the reasons Solitaire is still the most popular computer game of all time is that it is completely free to play. Anyone can easily learn how to play because the rules and gameplay are simple.